Stainless Steel 304
Type stainless steel 304 comes under category of 300 Series Stainless Steel austenitic. It has an alloy composition of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, combined with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. It is defined as a family of Chromium-Nickel austenitic alloy.
It is still also known by its old name 18/8 which is derived because of its alloy composition of type 304 being 18% chromium and 8% nickel. it is versatile and most extensively used stainless steel, available in a various range of products, forms and finishes than any other alloys or metal. It has brilliant forming and welding characteristics. The fair austenitic structure of Grade 304 allow it to be rigorously deep drawn without halfway annealing, which will make this grade prevailing the particular manufacture of drawn stainless parts such as Metal Pipes, and pipe connections. Grade 304 can be easily brake or roll formed into a range of merchandise for applications in the industrial, architectural, and construction fields.
Stainless steel grade 1.4301 and two.4307 are also branded as grades 304 and 304L respectively. Type 304 is essentially the most adaptable and popular stainless steel. Everyone still sometimes known by its old name 18/8 which is derived because from the alloy composition of type 304 being 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
Characteristics of Metal 304 Grade:
- stainless steel 304 has an in-depth drawing quality
- Stainless Steel 304 has a Forming and welding properties
- E Metal 304 has a xcellent toughness
- Stainless Steel 304 Ease of cleaning, ease of fabrication, beauty of appearance.
Applications of Metal 304 Grade:
It is useful a wide regarding home and industrial applications, this the particular of the most familiar and usually used alloys previously stainless steel kin.
Typical usage includes containers, Boiler and tanks for a hefty variety of liquids and solids:
- Food industry-particularly in beer brewing, milk processing & wine making, Food processing equipment.
For example is actually not highly appropriate and useful in dairy equipment like as milking machines, sterilizers, containers, homogenizers, and storage and hauling tanks, railroad cars, piping, milk trucks andvalves.
Very ordinary planet brewing industry where it is used in yeast pans, railway cars, pipelines, fermentation vats, storage and etc.
The citrus and fruit juice industry also make utilization of Type stainless steel 304 for all their crushing, handling, preparation, storage and hauling equipment.
- stainless steel 304 has an application in Domestic tools industry
Because of its capability to resist the corrosive action of various acids originate in meats, fruits, milk, and vegetables, stainless steel 304 is employed for tabletops, sinks, stoves, refrigerators coffee urns, milk and cream dispensers, and steam tables. It one other used in different utensils such as cooking appliances, flatware, pots and griddles.
- stainless steel 304 has an applicant for Chemical containers, including for transport
- Stainless Steel 304 has an applicant for making Heat Exchangers
- Stainless Steel 304 has an applicant for making Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration